Research is producing larger and more complex data than ever before. It is imperative that these data outputs are effectively managed and shared.
Better data – better described, more connected, more integrated and organised, more accessible, more easily used for new purposes – allows new questions to be investigated, larger issues to be investigated, and data landscapes to be explored.
ANDS is here to help by leading the creation of a cohesive national collection of research resources and a richer data environment that will:
- make better use of Australia's research outputs
- enable Australian researchers to easily publish, discover, access and use data
- enable new and more efficient research
The Function of ANDS
ANDS is transforming Australia’s research data environment to:
- make Australian research data collections more valuable by managing, connecting, enabling discovery and supporting the reuse of this data
- enable richer research, more accountable research; more efficient use of research data; and improved provision of data to support policy development
Index to 'About ANDS'
Monash University leads the ANDS partnership with the Australian National University (ANU) and the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).