ANDS is working with partners and communities on research data projects and collaborations.
ANDS works with Australian research institutions, government organisations, NCRIS facilities and other partnering institutions.
Our work with partners includes:
- offering expertise on issues related to data management, policy, sharing and reuse
- collaborating on a wide range of data-related projects
- brokering relationships with other partnering institutions, national organisations and NCRIS facilities
- advising on connecting and linking research data systems, publications, people and grants
- embedding data management into the research data lifecycle
- policy development and advocacy on data sharing and reuse.
Case study: Partnering on water data management
The Goyder Institute for Water Research was established in 2010 to support the security and management of South Australia’s water supply and contribute to water reform in Australia.
The Institute is a partnership between the South Australian Government, CSIRO, Flinders University, the University of Adelaide and the University of South Australia. It is also a member of the Australian Water Research & Development Coalition (AWRDC).
ANDS partnered with the Institute to implement a strategy to ensure research data arising from projects it funded were appropriately managed and discoverable.
To realise this goal, ANDS collaborated with the Institute’s primary research partners (University of Adelaide, Flinders University, University of South Australia and CSIRO) as well as eResearch SA.
Working together, a consistent approach to data management was developed that also aligned with institutional policies and procedures.
One additional outcome is the central discovery point in Research Data Australia showcasing the data outputs arising from Goyder Institute funded research.