Data citation refers to the practice of providing a reference to data in the same way as researchers routinely provide a bibliographic reference to other scholarly resources. While data has often been shared in the past, it was seldom cited in the same way as journal articles or other publications. This culture is, however, rapidly changing.
The Guide covers
- What do we mean by data citation?
- Did you know...?
- How do you cite data?
- Data citation styles and formats
- Data citation for data repositories
- Journals and data citation
- Data citation elements for repository managers
- Why include a DOI in data citations?
- How do you count data citations?
- Connecting data and related citations
- Implementing data citation at institutions
- ANDS services for data citation