This comprehensive 26 page Guide outlines best practice for the publication and sharing of sensitive research data in the Australian context. For a short overview see ANDS Introduction to Sensitive Data.
The Guide covers
- Defining sensitive data: Data about people and endangered species
- How to publish and share sensitive data
- De-identifying data
- Ethical considerations: What to include in a consent form requesting data publication and sharing
- Data citation
- Conditional access to data: What is it and how do I do it?
- An example of published metadata with conditional access to data: The Australian Longitudinal Study of Women's Health (ALSWH)
- How do I know if I own the copyright for the data?
- Where should I publish my data?
- Relevant National Guidelines
- Related international guides