This Guide is for people who are creating descriptions of research data collections for Research Data Australia. It will aid thinking for both manual and automated creation of research data collection descriptions. It covers:
- What makes a useful collection record?
- Information to enable discovery
- Information to enable determination of value
- Information to enable access
- Information to enable reuse
- The usefulness of Research Data Australia ultimately depends on the quality of the metadata that underpins it and the information it displays.
- Research Data Australia is intended to display information to enable:
- discovery of research data collections
- determination of value of research data collections
- access to of research data collections, and
- reuse of research data collections.
- Many other useful forms of searching and browsing are possible if the necessary information is present on Research Data Australia.