ANDS is hosting a series of events discussing drones, spatial data and geospatial technology. This includes a workshop/seminar event in June 2017 followed by two webinars in July 2017.
Who should attend
These events are free of charge and open to anybody who uses drones for research or has an interest in doing so. It may particularly appeal to:
- researchers (academia, industry and government)
- data managers and data librarians
- data scientists, analysts, developers and technologists
- environmental and geo-scientific research data community
- Research Office, Ethics Committee members and Legal Counsel for institutions.
Expand the event to find out more information, including presentations and recordings after the events.
- Research Data Alliance (RDA) Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems’ Data Interest Group
- Detecting Landscape change with Drones (TERN)
- Humpback Whale UAV Data and Analysis (CSIRO Data Access Portal collection)
- Unmanned aerial vehicles for surveying marine fauna: assessing detection probability (Ecological Applications journal article)
- How could drone data be used in modelling? A case study applying the Biodiversity and Climate Change Virtual Laboratory (slides)