21 June 2016
Expressions of interest sought to work for ANDS as a Data Technologist
[NOTE: THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED]
Make a difference by working with leading research institutions and have a national impact!
ANDS is seeking a suitably qualified professional with a background as a data technologist to work with Australia’s leading research institutions and organisations to assist them to make their data more valuable. This will leverage technology in support of increasingly complex and large datasets that are at the core of modern research.
We are interested in an individual who works well in a team and who has some (but by no means all) of the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience with the design, implementation and use of data storage and publication technologies/solutions in support of research data/knowledge and experience with the integration of software systems, off the shelf and custom built tools that process datasets for research or publish these
- Broad experience with technology solutions that support research
- Experience working in or closely with national research organisations/facilities or similar
- Experience working in or closely with an existing eResearch organisation
- Experience with successfully engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders within an institution or research groups that span multiple institutions
- Experience working on research data in business or industry setting.
Location is flexible, but you must be an Australian Citizen or have an existing permit or visa to work in Australia.
The Australian National Data Service (ANDS) is a national project currently funded through the NCRIS program and has offices in Melbourne and Canberra and staff based all around the country. Some interstate travel will be required.
No agency calls please.