24 August 2017
Call for Expressions of Interest to work with ANDS: Data Technologist
Make a difference by working with leading research institutions and have a national impact!
The Australian National Data Service (ANDS) is seeking people with both information technology skills and people skills to work with Australia’s leading research institutions, data providers and organisations to assist them to make their research data more findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable.
We are interested in individuals who works well in a team and have some of the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills to contribute, e.g. to information exchange forums, presentations, and community building
- Experience with the development or integration of software systems
- Experience with coordinating and leading research community infrastructure programs.
- Experience with successfully engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders within an institution or groups that span multiple institutions
- Broad experience with data technology solutions that support research
- Knowledge and experience with the design, implementation and use of data technologies
- Ability to work effectively in a research-focussed environment and communicate effectively with researchers and key stakeholders in cross disciplinary settings and across a broad range of research areas.
- Ability to work in partnership with complex organisations such as universities, eResearch organisations, governmental agencies and industry bodies.
We are seeking candidates that could be seconded or able to accept a short term position. The role may be either part time or full time and we are open to flexible working arrangements.
Location is flexible, however we are keen to hear from people in Western Australia and New South Wales. You must be an Australian Citizen or have an existing permit or visa to work in Australia.
ANDS is a national project currently funded through the NCRIS program. From 1 July 2017 ANDS, Research Data Services (RDS) and National eResearch Collaboration Tools and Resources project (Nectar) are creating an aligned set of joint investments to deliver transformation in the research sector. This role will be working closely with colleagues in RDS and NeCTAR.
Send your CV/resume to Matt Dailey at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agency calls please.