The ANDS Collections Registry (Register My Data) allows automatic (through the Harvester) and manual publication (using the RDA manual entry screens) of datasets and collections descriptions with rich metadata in Research Data Australia, enabling better discovery by the wider research community.
This is a free service available to all Australian research institutions and universities, and government agencies.
Access and authentication
- Users must have a valid Australian Access Federation (AAF) account in order to login to the ANDS Collections Registry and use the Register My Data service. (Find out how to get an AAF account)
- Although everyone with AAF account can login to the ANDS Collections Registry, a user must have a proper access role (data source administrator) defined and a data source account in order to start manually creating a record or harvesting records from the organisation's repository. The Getting an ANDS Online Services account page explains how to register a data source, a new organisation or a request for a data source administrator role.
A production agreement form (PDF, 0.09 MB) must be signed by the institution's authorised signatory, preferably someone of higher authority (ie project director, project manager) before any collection description can be published in Research Data Australia production environment.
- An agreement is not necessary when requesting access to the ANDS Collections Registry Demo environment. However, a valid AAF account, data source administrator role, data source and organisation must exist in Demo for testing, training or demonstration purposes.
- Records (collections, parties, activities and services) must be ingested into the ANDS Collections Registry before they can be published in Research Data Australia.
Ways of using this service
The ANDS Collections Registry is used as:
ANDS Collections Registry (production)
- The ANDS Collections Registry is a software utility that enables import (or harvest), manual entry and management of research data collections metadata and the activities, parties and services which relate to them.
- Login to the ANDS Collections Registry at https://researchdata.ands.org.au/registry
- The ANDS Demonstration environment ("Demo") provides an instance of the ANDS Collections Regisrty where staff and external partners can experiment with the software without these changes effecting the production registry.
- It provides a technical staging environment for providers to test the behaviour of their systems when interfacing with the ANDS Collections Registry .
- Login to Demo at https://demo.ands.org.au/registry or explore the Demo RDA at http://demo.ands.org.au.
Crosswalks - find out which crosswalks to RIF-CS are already available for reuse.
Data source harvest configuration - learn how to configure your metadata harvest for schema other than RIF-CS, including Catalogue Service for the Web (CSW) and CKAN.
NOTE: Please note that custom harvest methods require additional configuration to take place before they can be used. Additional harvest methods can also be supported.