ANDS helps institutions around Australia to organise and manage their research data, enabling researchers to promote and share it with other researchers, and locate other research data useful to them.
We primarily partner with institutions to build infrastructure and share large numbers of research data collections.
Skilling up researchers
ANDS offers support to researchers in multiple ways:
- Running webinars, workshops and events. Whilst some of these are aimed at those who support researchers and research data, most could be of interest to researchers wanting to know more about how to better manage, publish, connect and get credit for, your data
- Online training. The 23 (research data) Things online training is aimed mainly at researcher support staff such as librarians, but may be a good starting point if you are new to research data management and want to increase your basic skills quickly.
- ANDS Guides on topics relating to data management, publishing, sharing and reuse. Over 30 Guides help you to learn about, apply and maximise the impact of your data management.
- Research Data Australia (RDA) is a national portal with over 100 Australian institutions contributing research data records. Is your data in RDA?
- Working with your university or institution to provide infrastructure to connect and manage your data. ANDS is also the Australian minting organisation for DOIs for research data.
If you have research data that you would like to share and are unsure who to contact at your institution, please contact us at email@example.com so we can put you in touch with the appropriate people at your institution.