If you intend to run workshops on FAIR data, or include FAIR in training that you are already running here are some ideas and resources.
- A basic checklist (or more comprehensive breakdown) as a tool for discussing the components of FAIR.
- Discussing the components via a process of transforming a dataset to be more FAIR.
- Case studies of domain specific consideration of the principles
- Adapting existing resources e.g this carpentry course focusing on neuroimaging.
- Slides from a CSIRO research data management workshop focused on: Developing FAIR data principles throughout a research project - for working data
If you have not done so already, then the first step would be to familiarise yourself with the FAIR data principles.
The following webinars may also be useful in developing resources:
The following sites aggregate resources, including educational materials, on FAIR related topics:
- Dutch Techcentre for Life Sciences
- "A curated, informative and educational resource on data and metadata standards, inter-related to databases and data policies."
- TAG C working group (updated fairly regularly)
ANDS Skills has a wide range of other resources (posters, pamphlets, courses, links etc) that may also be of use.
There is a lot of work going on in this space. If you are aware of training resources that could be added here, please let us know.