ANDS has been hosting a series of events discussing drones, spatial data and geospatial technology.
This includes a workshop/seminar event in Canberra in June 2017 followed by two webinars in July 2017. Due to demand, a second workshop event was organised on 9 October in Melbourne.
These events were free of charge and open to anybody who uses drones for research or has an interest in doing so. It has particular appeal to:
- researchers (academia, industry and government)
- data managers and data librarians
- data scientists, analysts, developers and technologists
- environmental and geo-scientific research data community
- Research Office, Ethics Committee members and Legal Counsel for institutions.
Expand the event to find out more information, including presentations and recordings after the events.
- Research Data Alliance (RDA) Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Data Interest Group
- Detecting Landscape change with Drones (TERN)
- A new perspective of storm bite on sandy beaches using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (DOI: 10.1127/zfg_suppl/2016/00247)
- Applications of unmanned aerial vehicles in intertidal reef monitoring (DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-10818-9)
- Humpback Whale UAV Data and Analysis (CSIRO Data Access Portal collection)
- Unmanned aerial vehicles for surveying marine fauna: assessing detection probability (Ecological Applications journal article)
- How could drone data be used in modelling? A case study applying the Biodiversity and Climate Change Virtual Laboratory (slides)