Skip to content
How to share data
- Encourage data sharing by ensuring that ethics forms include relevant questions.
- Support institutional initiatives to encourage data management planning.
- Support the creation of institutional data archives which can manage sensitive data.
Human research ethics committees
- Encourage data sharing.
- Recognise that good data management involves careful data management planning.
- Provide advice to researchers about designing their research so the data can later be shared.
- Add a question to your ethics form: "Is there any reason NOT to share the data from this project?
- Consider the need to share data when they design their project.
- Seek approval from their human research ethics committee to share their data.
- Use techniques to support data sharings.
- Obtain consent.
- Consider accessibility constraints.
- Anonymise the data.
Hear it from the experts