This comprehensive guide is for research institutions which are intending to assess the capability maturity of their current infrastructure supporting the management of institutional research data assets.
This Guide covers:
An overview of what elements institutions need to consider when planning for an institutional approach to data management. It also has an in depth analysis of the Capability Maturity Model which can be used to develop an institutional Data Management Framework:
- five elements of data management capability: Policies and procedures, IT infrastructure; support services, managing metadata, managing research data
- assessed across 5 levels of maturity: initial, development, defined, managed, optimised
- practical checklists for assessing capability maturity:
- policies checklist
- checklist for assessing IT infrastructure for Data Management
- support services: checklists within Guide - page 10
- metadata infrastructure: checklists within Guide - page11.