9 October 2017
This year's eResearch Australasia conference (16-20 October 2017) heads back to Brisbane for five days of networking, learning and research-related fun!
The ANDS, Nectar and RDS partnership will be proudly on display throughout the conference at our joint booth (which we guarantee will put a smile on your face!). We look forward to talking to colleagues new and old.
ANDS, Nectar and RDS sessions
As well as a joint booth, ANDS, Nectar and RDS are taking part in a variety of conference sessions and workshops. See below for details and be sure to mark them in your conference diary.
Mon 16 Oct (workshops)
Tue 17 Oct (workshops)
- International Workshop on Science Gateways – Australia (IWSG-A)
- Research Integrity and Ethics in the Cloud
- DMPs: Current thinking, future directions
Wed 18 Oct
- Demonstrating the Impact of Research Infrastructures
- Facilitating national data services discovery
- How can journal data sharing policies be more prevalent and effective?
- BoF - Adopting Outputs from the Research Data Alliance
Thu 19 Oct
- Linking scholarly literature with data – the Scholix initiative
- Research Graph and VIVO Interoperability
- A FAIR Data Platform to Support the Next Generation of Transdisciplinary Research
- BoF - Research Data Stories: Struggles and Successes in Molecular Bioscience
- BoF - Science Clouds
- BoF - Data Services Interest Group
- Data Libararians lunchtime meetup - location TBC (see below fore more info)
- Forming an Australian Chapter of Research Software Engineers Association - round table discussion (lunchtime 12.50pm, Room P7) More info
Fri 20 Oct
- BoF - Research Data Stories: Struggles and Successes in Environmental Science
- BoF - Moving towards FAIR data
- BoF - Describe, Manage and Discover Research Software
- BoF - Provenance in Practice
Note that Mon and Tue are workshop days, with the main conference sessions running from Wed to Fri (different to last year when the workshops were at the end of the week).
Data Librarians lunchtime meetup
ANDS, Nectar and RDS will be hosting a catch up to talk about training for Higher Degree Research (HDR) students at lunchtime on Thu 19 Oct. Meeting place TBC - call in at the ANDS-Nectar-RDS booth for details of where to meet (bring your lunch with you!).