The self-service interface allows individual researchers to allocate persistent identifiers one at a time. This provides an easy way to begin using persistent identifiers. However, ANDS strongly recommends integrating automatic allocation of persistent identifiers into your workflow, using the Handle Service machine-to-machine interface, or DOI Service (Cite My Data) or another equivalent service, whichever is appropriate.
To use the self-service interface, you need an Australian Access Federation (AAF) account through your university and a specific ANDS Online Services role. Institutions that do not have an AAF functionality available should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
All members of the Australian research and education community are eligible for an account. See getting an ANDS Online Services account for more information.
- To access the Identify My Data self-service interface, login to ANDS Online Services.
- Once logged in, go to 'My Identifiers' menu on the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Select 'Identify My Data (PIDS)'.
- Click on the 'Mint New Handle' button on the top right hand corner of the screen.
- The screen below will be displayed. Enter the URL and a short description (details below are for demonstration purposes only). Make sure the 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' box is ticked.
- Click the 'Mint' button to mint a handle for your URL.
- Once successful, your newly minted identifier (a handle) will be displayed as per below:
- You can now start using the resolvable link (e.g. http://hdl.handle.net/10378.1/1552449) in your publications, repository, white paper, etc.
NOTE: If you are an existing PIDS Administrator for an institution, you will also be able to list the identifiers minted through the machine-to-machine service. Simply click on 'My Identifiers' drop down list and select your institution as illustrated below:
If you have any question or concern, please email email@example.com.