The RIF-CS Advisory Board (RAB) was established to provide an opportunity for interested stakeholders to influence changes to the RIF-CS schema.
Community expertise is vital to the development and improvement of the shared RIF-CS standard. RIF-CS is used:
- to exchange metadata about research collections and related information
- as the metadata standard for ANDS and its contributing partners to describe data descriptions in the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC).
Changes over time in the RIF-CS definition need to balance competing interests. On the one hand, there is value enriching the metadata available in the ARDC. On the other hand, there is the cost and rework imposed on data providers by schema changes. Also ANDS wishes RIF-CS to maintain continued congruence with ISO 2146, the international standard on which RIF-CS is based.
RIF-CS Schema changes which are endorsed by the RIF-CS Advisory Board go through the ANDS Change Management Process.
ANDS calls for nominations for Board membership on an annual basis.
Current members of the RIF-CS Advisory Board
|2||Conal Tuohy||Independent Consultant||member|
|3||Daniela Nastasie||University of South Australia||member|
|4||Dave Connell||Australian Antarctic Division||member|
|5||Gavan McCarthy||University of Melbourne||member|
|6||Irina Bastrakova||Geoscience Australia||member|
|7||Jingbo Wang||National Computational Infrastructure||member|
|8||Marianne Browne||James Cook University||member|
|9||Michelle Teis||Independent Consultant||member|
|10||Neil Godfrey||Charles Darwin University||member|
|11||Nigel Ward||The University of Queensland||Chairperson|
|12||Peter Walsh||University of Tasmania||member|
|13||Simon Porter||University of Melbourne||member|
|15||Steve Androulakis||Monash University||member|
|19||Cel Pilapil||ANDS||ex-officio member; RIF-CS Change Manager|
- For the latest list of changes to the RIF-CS schema, visit the RIF-CS schema change news
- Understand and learn more about the recently approved changes and comment on changes still for discussion by visiting the ANDS RIF-CS Advisory Board page on the ANDS Documentation website. Minutes of the meeting from 2015 onwards are also accessible from this site.
- Minutes of meetings prior to 2015 are available at RAB minutes of the meetings
- Discussion papers earlier than 2015 are available at the RIF-CS schema change discussion (archive)