Institutional policies and procedures are fundamental to good research data management. This might include guidelines, protocols and standards.
The Australian Code for Responsible Conduct of Research (The Code) states that “Policies are required that address the ownership of research materials and data, their storage, their retention beyond the end of the project, and appropriate access to them by the research community: Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research”
This comprehensive Guide covers:
- Why have a research data management policy or policies?
- Examples of data management policies
- Inclusions for data policies
- Data Policy checklist
- Approaches to Data Management Policies
- Related policies and procedures